Saturday, July 20, 2013

Wicked Temptations


http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005JESENW/ref=cm_cr_rev_prod_title

Rating:  4 stars

This was the first book I have read from Patricia Watters, and I found I really enjoyed her writing style.  The story, though, seemed to be a little disjointed for my taste.  The premise of the pioneer woman coming from back east to start a Newspaper is an interesting take, and I liked the fact that her main heroine was not your typical young, beautiful heroine.  I liked her personality as an older "spinster", as she called herself.  As the story progressed, I liked how the characters grew, but the whole ordeal with the cattlemen and the way it was resolved was too neat, too easily reconciled.  The writing was well, but towards the end of the book the storyline was a little difficult to follow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment