Sunday, July 28, 2013

Variant Breed


http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005IUR488/ref=cm_cr_mts_prod_img

Rating:  3 stars

The concept of this book was intriguing when I first picked it up, and it was the concept that got me interested in reading it.  The underlying tones of family, and finding a place where you belong, are something that is unique to this novel.  But, those tones unfortunately weren't enough to make the story really stand out to me.

I had difficulty connecting with the characters in this novel.  Neither Chris or Zachary seemed to be fully fleshed out enough to really be emotionally attached--actually, I found myself connecting with Abby more than the others.  I know this is supposed to be only the first installment, but it fell short of my expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment