Monday, August 5, 2013

We Shall Rise

Rating:  4 stars

http://www.amazon.com/Shall-Rise-Misfits-Lore-ebook/dp/B005ZWPVZM/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1375712056&sr=1-1&keywords=We+Shall+Rise

I enjoyed this book a lot, but there were some things that were decidedly unclear for me in the story. They mention lots about hybrids and mating, and all of these things that would be normal...within one's own race. Now, the mating of vampires to non-vampires, or the creation of hybrids, the how and the why of that is unclear. They talk about purebloods and the mixed breeds, but the real meat and potatoes of what I want to see, the conflict, isn't really there. I know by the ending of the story ( I wanted to cry) I was heavily invested in the series anyway. I want to know what happens to Kaden and Reysa, how Tatiana overcomes everything she will grow to endure, and I want to know what happens now to the entire Misfit group faced with this new challenge. I liked the romantic elements of this novel as well, they were there but they weren't in your face...but I wish there had been more conflict in the book, or more explanation of conflict, instead of just boom! rebellion.

No comments:

Post a Comment