Monday, August 19, 2013

The Shopkeeper


http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ZVSCK4/ref=cm_cr_mts_prod_img

Rating:  5 stars!

This book grabbed me from the very beginning, enthralling me with its words describing the wild west of old.  I loved the main character right away, Steve Dancy seemingly a normal shopkeeper, though at the beginning of the book we don't know from where.  But then, all hell breaks loose and you see Steve for who he really is--a gunsmith, and one of great renown.  You begin to see the depth and the layers of this character as the story progresses, and the book sucks you in more and more as the pages turn.  I was beginning to think there would be a romantic element, and I was pleasantly surprised to not see the author go into that direction.  I loved the ring of authenticity of this novel, and I loved the way the author brought the West to life for me.  I recommend this book to anyone, and everyone.  If you haven't read it yet, you are missing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment