Friday, August 30, 2013

The River Between



http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003AUTEI6/ref=cm_cr_mts_prod_img

Rating:  3 stars

This story would have been extremely enjoyable for me had it not been the extremely Christian overtones running through it.  Yes, I understand that it is a period novel, and religion was more of a prominent discussion then, but there is a point where religion becomes preaching.  I don't like my books to preach to me.  The characters were interesting, although I found the main character somewhat of a user, leading on the men she was involved with and then crying when something went wrong.  It is only remotely historical, with snippets here and there mentioning the Civil War.  It was an all right read, but it was very slow to get into, and I almost gave up, but kept reading.  Read this novel carefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment