Monday, May 12, 2014

The Pearl Savage



http://www.amazon.com/Pearl-Savage-1-ebook/dp/B00563HRPM/ref=sr_1_1_title_0_main?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1395624902&sr=1-1&keywords=the+pearl+savage

Rating:  3 stars

I almost put this book down.  I really did.  The grammatical mistakes and the way the author strung the words together just didn't do it for me, and that hurt me a lot.  I like my books to be well put together, with very few grammatical mistakes in them.  The idea behind this one, though, kept me continuing even as I looked at it with trepidation.

I'm very glad I did.  The story itself, the concept of it, is an intriguing one.  There are so many dystopian novels out there right now about what could happen to the world, but this one was a whole new brand of different for me.  I won't give anything away in this review, but the way that this author wrote about a possible future involving the specifics that she did was commendable.  I ended up enjoying the book so much, I got the rest of them as well.  I look forward to reading the continuation of Clara's story, even if I do have to look past the grammar to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment