Friday, May 9, 2014

Eye of the Witch



http://www.amazon.com/WITCH-Detective-Marcella-Witchs-Book-ebook/dp/B004UHLJNG/ref=la_B004SXXXXQ_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1395623889&sr=1-2

Rating:  3 stars

Honestly, I wasn't quite sure how I felt about this book.  I liked the idea that a retired cop could still do so much, and I did enjoy the touch of the occult that went into this novel, but after that the rest of my review will be a little muddled.  Granted, I came into this book before reading book 1, and so some of the connections seemed a little far-stretched to me, but there are definitely a few things that I liked and disliked about this particular novel.

The conversations and relationships between the characters seemed strained, and maybe even a little fake.  There were some things within the novel about solving the case that just seemed to be too easy, even with the aspect of the occult thrown in.

I did like, however, the story itself.  The characters were interesting, and they each had their own quirks and strengths, which I liked.  I enjoyed the way the author could visualize for me each character he wrote for.

No comments:

Post a Comment