Thursday, June 27, 2013

Willow Pond



As much as I would love to give this book a five-star review, I can't bring myself to.  From the description, I was expecting more of a period book, but there were very few actual period references, and too many current day references.  A writer myself, I know the importance of making sure to put dialogue specifically where you want it.  

The story behind everything was sound, and interesting for the reader to read.  With laryngitis currently, it was interesting enough to keep my attention all day, which I commend it for.  The characters, at least in the face of the kidnapping, are connectable, but then in some of their relationships I think they are a little hypocritical.  

The book, I feel, was well put together, but I didn't like very much how much it jumped.  It felt almost fragmented in parts, but then again, that could be the author's intentions.  The book was enjoyable, but I would have just enjoyed a little more accurate period references and consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment