Monday, June 24, 2013

"Light of Eidon" Legend of the Guardian-King, Book 1


Rating:  4 stars

Recently, I had the pleasure to finish a book entitled "The Light of Eidon," by Karen Hancock.  The acquisition of this book was through a kindle offer, as many series are now doing, so the first one is available for free.  I got it on a whim, and I can't say it wasn't wasted time.  The book begins innocently enough, with a young man running from his calling, and it has, from the very beginning, some pretty obvious Christian overtones.  Now, I will be the first to admit I don't generally jump at the opportunity to read Christian fiction, but for some reason this book just...intrigued me.  As I kept reading, I was not to be disappointed.  It became a page-turner for me, and although the characters weren't as connectable as I'd like them to be, it was still an enjoyable read.  It left many questions answered, and the realm of magic and myth that was within the book was a little far-fetched, but it was still a good read.  I know this reader, at the very least, will be buying the second book to see if the trend continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment