Monday, November 11, 2013

The Chocolate War




http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BRUQ51A/ref=cm_cr_mts_prod_img

Rating:  3 stars

The book started out well, the descriptions were vivid and the characters were interesting.  I found myself drawn into the world that Archie, Goober, and Jerry created, and then the author left me feeling almost cheated at the end of the book.  The same story and the same scene kept being repeated over and over again, which made me lose a little bit of interest.  Don't get me wrong, it's a very quick read--I finished it in two hours.  But, with it being a quick read, I felt that the plot just...ended.  The moral of the story, one that was targeted towards young adults, was a pretty depressing one, to be honest.  I read this book for a book club at work, and I'm afraid it fell short of what I wanted it to be. I remembered reading it in high school as an assignment, and now, rereading it as an adult, I'm just not impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment